You are here
Top yachting destinations for your next vacation
If sailing the open sea to distant sandy shores sounds like your idea of a vacation, there is no better way to get there than bouncing along the waters on a yacht. Even if you don’t have a yacht of your own, this is no obstacle to living your dreams because you can easily charter one at many of the world’s top destinations. You can rent a yacht in Dubai, France, Spain, Italy, or the Bahamas. It is up to you. If you are the adventurous type, you can choose a bareboat charter and do the sailing yourself. If this is not for you, many destinations also have skippered or crewed charters so that you can simply sit back and enjoy the ride while soaking up the sun. The next question is where do you want to go? This top 10 list of destinations for a yacht charter will give you some ideas.
- 10: The Americas
- A trip to the Americas gives you a choice of dazzling nightlife or a secluded island experience. Belize offers the opportunity to experience exotic animals like manatees and whale sharks, Mayan ruins, and the Cays which are uninhabited. The Bahamas offers a little more tourist-like atmosphere. While you are there be sure not to miss the Hopetown Lighthouse. If you want to live it up on the town, Miami will be sure to please with some of the most sizzling nighttime adventures the world has to offer.
- 9: The Caribbean
- The Caribbean islands are known for calm waters, warm weather, and some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world. There are many options that will allow you to experience its exotic and diverse cultures. Be sure to include Grenada on your list and explore why it is known as the “Spice Island of the Caribbean.” The British Virgin Islands allow easy line of site navigation and offer some of the best snorkeling experiences in the world. St. Martin offers a mixture of European and Caribbean culture. If you want to connect with nature, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico offer some of the best experiences, including bioluminescent bays.
- 8: Seychelles
- The Seychelles lie about 1,000 miles off Africa’s eastern coast. They are comprised of 115 islands that are located just north of the equator in the Indian Ocean. They have been a destination of traders and sailing ships since 800 A.D. Its 84,000 inhabitants include people from French, Indian, British, African, and Middle Eastern descent. Creole French and English are the main spoken languages. This means that when you actually do meet some of the inhabitants, you will be sure to have a world-class experience. Its natural wonders include giant tortoises, white sand beaches, coral reefs, twisted granite mountains, tropical forests, and seas of azure blue. Although the waters are typically warm and calm, you might want to avoid these islands during November which is monsoon season in that part of the world.
- 7: Tahiti
- Tahiti lies at the midway point between South America and Australia in the Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago that consists of 118 islands. Papeete is the capital city where you will find the most action. The islands are inhabited by several distinct exotic cultures including Bora-Bora, Raiatea, Tahaa, and Huahine. Mountainous regions of the island rise from the sea sitting on top of ancient volcanoes and old craters that have nearly been eroded into nonexistence. The barrier reefs encircling the islands is a great place to experience turtles, sharks, dolphins, hard and soft coral, porpoises, and over 500 species of the most colorful fish in the world. This makes it one of the best snorkeling and diving venues in the world. Not to mention, the unique island cuisine is something that you do not want to miss.
- 6: France
- The French Riviera is the place for nightlife. Try your luck in the famed Monte Carlo, or see what adventures await you in Nice and Cannes. The French Riviera area was once a favorite destination of old Hollywood glamour and glitz. It offers sailors the ability to taste some of the finest cuisines in the world and experience a diversity of cultures all in one place. Art, culture and cuisine are the three words that best describe the appeal of this famous destination.
- 5: Scandinavia
- Scandinavia may not be the first place that you think of when considering a yacht charter, but you should not write this one off. Scandinavia offers excellent sailing destinations. It offers a tapestry of pristine lakes and neat little cities. Helsinki is a wealth of artistry and culture. For the more adventurous, Iceland is a fantasyland of geysers, stunning waterfalls, and spectacular icecaps. Scandinavia offers a truly unique sailing experience.
- 4: Greece
- The Greek islands are perfect for sailing, offering a Mediterranean climate and a mixture of the old and the new. A trip to the Greek islands allows you to experience some of the oldest ruins in the world, and some of the most dramatic landscapes. The local cuisine is simple and light, as is the architecture and lifestyle of the locals. The Greek islands offer old world charm as you stroll around ancient cities and temples that represent the history of human civilization. The friendly and welcoming people of Greece are something every sailor needs to experience at least once in life.
- 3: Thailand
- The southern peninsula of Thailand has been a favorite destination for sailors who want a taste of Asian cuisine and hospitality. It offers marine preserves, magnificent scuba diving sites, and exquisite white sand beaches. While you are in Thailand, you will want to experience the culture and people. Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles and the Thai people are known as for their world-class hospitality. Thailand offers a lively nightlife, resorts, and an experience that you will not forget.
- 2: Italy
- Italy’s long coast offers many diverse yachting experiences. The number one reason why people choose Italy as a destination is the food, of course, you should not miss the opportunity to sample authentic Italian cuisine, but there is much more to the Italian coast than food. Naples is a city full of energy and a place that will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed. The cobblestone streets of Portofino provide quaint little cafés, boutique shops, and a Harbor Plazza where you can watch other visitors sail in and out of the port. While you are in Italy, why not sail to Venice drop anchoe and cruise along its canals in a gondola or visit the Guggenheim Museum.
- 1: United Arab Emirates
- Ready to Book Your Dream Vacation?
If you must know, the United Arab Emirates is one of the best Yachting secrets of the world. If you rent a yacht in Dubai,you can set sail from the Dubai Marina Yacht Club or the Dubai Water Canal and get ready to experience this desert oasis. If you want to soak up the sun, this is the place. The United Arab Emirates offers lush coastal mangrove forests, rolling sand dunes, and the unique desert safari experience of Khalifa Park. It also offers bustling commercial centers, amazing architecture, and some of the most beautiful examples of Islamic art and culture. Once you experience this yachting destination, you will be hooked and want to come again and again. Oh, and while you are there, don’t forget to sample the shawarma.
This list should have you ready to book your dream vacation right away. This list represents some of the most exciting destinations for the lover of the open sea. Whether it is the excitement of culture and city life that you crave, or a solitary dream getaway just for two, you will have no trouble finding a yacht charter that meets your needs and interests. Now is the time to get started booking your next dream vacation. The world awaits.